This was a recipe that I came up with. I have been in the mood for some Chinese food, but whenever we eat out the preservatives in the food make me feel bad, so decided to make my own! :)
My hubby rated this recipe at a 100%! lol
Chicken breast tenderloins (about 8)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 T. olive oil
cooking spray
1/4 cup sweet & sour sauce
1/4 cup water
Instructions:
Bread the chicken in the whole wheat flour.
Spray a skillet with the nonstick cooking spray; add oil.
Heat oil in skillet on med. heat. Add chicken. Brown on both sides turning once.
When the chicken has browned; place in crock pot.
Mix together the sweet & sour sauce and water. Pour over chicken in crock pot.
Cook on low for about 5-6 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Enjoy!
It's nice to see you back posting again! The chicken looks good although I usually skip the flouring and browning and just cook the meat in the sauce these days. It gets rid of more calories and still tastes good.
ReplyDeleteThanks! :) I have done it both ways too.
ReplyDelete