Monday, August 30, 2010

Spaetzle


I made spaetzle to serve with the schnitzel that I fixed for supper the other night.....I won't make this again unless I have a spaetzel maker! lol It was a big pain to push the batter through the colander! But the result was delicious! :) The original recipe I was following called for a lot less milk, but it definitely needed more, so I revised the original recipe.


2 cups flour

1 t. salt

2 eggs (lightly beaten)

1 1/2 cups milk

1/2 cup butter (cut into chunks)

1 t. nutmeg


Mix together all the ingredients except for the butter and nutmeg.

Get a large saucepan/pot and fill with 3/4 of water; bring the water to a boil.

Press batter through a colander or spaetzle maker into the boiling water. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until the noodles float and are tender.

Remove with a slotted spoon; toss with the butter and sprinkle with nutmeg until butter is melted.


Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment