Tuesday, September 28, 2010

All Day Apple Butter!




I was looking for an easy recipe to make apple butter and found this on Allrecipes.com.


I did cut back on the sugar than what the original recipe called for and could possibly cut it back more if your apples are sweet.


I will be buying more apples to make more apple butter! It was so easy and the results are delicious! :)




5 1/2 pounds apple; peeled, cored, and diced


3 cups sugar (the original recipe called for 4 cups, and the next time I make it I might cut back to 2 cups)


2 teaspoons cinnamon


1/4 teaspoon ground cloves


1/4 teaspoon salt




Place apples in slow cooker. Combine the sugar, spices & salt; pour over apples and mix well.




Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.


Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 9-11 hours or until thickened and dark brown. Stirring occasionally.


Uncover and cook on low 1 hour longer.


Stir with wire whisk until smooth.


Spoon into freezer containers leaving 1/2 inch head space and let cool.


Put lids on containers and freeze or refrigerate.

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to apple butter since LAST fall! The recipe seems easy enough, I'll have to try it myself sometime :-) I found your blog on the Taste of Home forums and it looks great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was very happy how the apple butter turned out! :)
    I would like to update more often, but I am sure you know how things go! lol

    ReplyDelete