I found this recipe in a Southern Living Christmas book that I picked up at the thrift store. The sweet potatoes went perfectly with my Lemon Rosemary Pork Chops that I fixed tonight. Loved the carmelization on them! Delicious! :)
**TIP** I would recommend lining your baking sheet with foil lightly greased or it will be a sticky mess to clean! :)
2 large sweet potatoes
1/3 cup butter; melted
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 T. fresh or dried rosemary
2 t. grated orange rind
1/2 t. salt
Peel potatoes, if desired. Cut each potato into wedges.
Combine the rest of ingredients in a large heavy duty zip lock bag; add the potato wedges and shake until the wedges are well coated.
Arrange wedges on a greased cookie sheet or baking pan.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
Yield: 4 servings
I can finally get on to your blog again! That looks like a very nice healthy meal. I use parchment paper when making things like these sweet potatoes. Nothing sticks and clean up is a dream! I even saw a lady using it to fry sausage in an electric frying pan at Costco!
ReplyDelete