This is a really good recipe to be able to fix ahead of time if you know you will have a busy day the next day!
The only things I think I would change next time I make this is, to leave out the rosemary, and ADD diced water chestnuts. This recipe is very versatile though and you could add or take away. Another idea would be to replace the chicken with tuna and have a tuna casserole! :)
I also cut this recipe in 1/2 for just hubby and I.
3 cups diced cooked chicken
8 oz. raw macaroni-any kind but elbows or small shells work great (I used small shell)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups milk
1/2 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
1 oz. jar pimento, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1-2 Tablespoons chopped onion (If like more add up to 1/4 cup.
1 Teaspoon dried rosemary (I will leave this out next time)
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into a greased 2 qt. casserole dish and refrigerate overnight or for 6-8 hours. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment