Monday, January 11, 2010

Baked Fish


This was a new recipe that I tried out today. It was soooo good!!!! I will deffintly be making this again!


Breaded Orange Roughy

1 cup crushed cornflakes
2 t. seasoned pepper
1/4 t. salt
1/4 cup water
4 eggs whites
6 fresh or frozen orange roughy fillets (4oz. each)
1/4 cup flour

In a shallow dish, combine cornflakes, seasoned pepper, and salt. In another dish, beat egg whites and water. In a third dish, add flour. Coat fish with flour, dip in egg white mixture, then roll in cornflakes.
Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 425 for 9-11 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

1 fillet equals 158 calories.

*notes* I didn't have orange roughy, so I used tilapia instead...turned out delicious! For the pepper I used lemon pepper and instead of using 4 egg whites, 1 egg white was enough for me. I also did not have corn flakes so used bran flakes mixed with cracker crumbs and omitted the salt since I used crackers. In my oven it took 15 minutes to cook. Play with the recipe and see what you can come up with! I am sure any kind of white fish would be delicious in this recipe!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment