This recipe was soooo good! I made them last night and stuck in the crock pot on low with a jar of spagehetti sauce, so all I had to do to fix lunch was cook the pasta and fix a veggie to go along with it for a complete meal! The recipe says it makes 30 meatballs, but I only got 26...
Tender Turkey Meatballs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup egg substitute (I just used one egg)
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup ketchup
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. marjoram (I used Italian seasoning)
1/2 t. pepper
1 pound ground turkey
1 pkg. (12oz.) spaghetti
5 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
In a bowl combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls and place in baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 13-16 minutes (mine took a little longer) or until juices run clear; drain.
Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Transfer meatballs to a large sauce pan; add sauce. Heat throughly. Drain spaghetti; top with meatballs & sauce.
5 meatballs with sauce and 1 cup of pasta equals to 312 calories.
Mmmm, I love turkey meatballs! I should try this out soon...
ReplyDeleteThey were really good!
ReplyDeleteAaron liked them too and he can be picky! lol
that sounds very good Jill!
ReplyDelete