Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jill's Meat Loaf (very popular!)







I have had several people ask me for my meat loaf recipe and usually I just eyeball the measurements, so I didn't have a written recipe, so the other day when I fixed meat loaf again I wrote everything down as I made it! :)



Hope you enjoy!






3 lbs. LEAN ground beef



2 eggs



1 cup milk



1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed



1/2 cup chopped onion



2 t. salt



1/2 t. ground sage



dash pepper



1/2 cup Parmesan cheese



1/2 t. accent



1/2 t. garlic powder



1 cup cold water






Mix together all the ingredients EXCEPT for ground beef and water; Let set 5 minutes to soften the crackers.



Then add mixture to the ground beef and mix gently. To not over mix or it will make your meat loaf tough.



Form your meat loaf and place in a lightly greased baking dish.



Pour water around meat loaf and cover with foil.



Bake 350 for about 90 minutes or until no longer pink.



Remove from oven and remove foil.



Pour ketchup topping over meat loaf and place back in oven. Broil on Hi until topping starts to caramelize lightly.



Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes to rest. Slice and enjoy! :)









Ketchup topping






1 1/2 cups ketchup



1/4 cup packed brown sugar



1 t. Worcestershire sauce






Mix all ingredients together and pour over meat loaf when meat loaf is done cooking.






*NOTE* If roasting potato's & carrots along with meat loaf; instead of adding 1 cup water, add 2 cups water instead, and then adjust baking time.



No comments:

Post a Comment