Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Grandma's Slaw Recipe!

Let me tell you that my grandma could make the best food ever!!!! And her slaw was always requested to be on the table when we would go for a visit! :)
I fixed this for Thanksgiving and before I could get a picture it had disappeared. (I think my dad snagged the bowl and took it home with him! ;)
So I did not get a picture....hope you enjoy the recipe anyways..

1 medium head of cabbage (grated or chopped)
15oz jar of Miracle Whip (or about 2 cups)
3/4 cup sugar
2 T. milk
1 small green pepper (finely diced)
1/2 small sweet onion (diced)
celery salt

In a large bowl combine the cabbage, green pepper, & onion.
Sprinkle celery salt over the vegetables until completely covered.
Mix in the Miracle Whip, milk and sugar until everything is coated thoroughly; cover with lid.
Let set in fridge overnight; before serving stir and sprinkle with paprika for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment