German Potato Soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
3-4 cups diced potato's (can use red or regular potato's)
1/2 cup chopped celery ( I usually just use celery powder/flakes)
Place in soup kettle
Add enough water to completely cover potato's
Cook until potato's are tender. (do NOT drain)
Add 1 stick of butter and cook until butter is melted.
Add 1/2 gallon of milk
salt & pepper to taste
Bring to a simmer & drop in spatzle/noodles.
Cook for about 5 minutes or until noodles are done.
SPATZLE/NOODLES
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup flour
1-2 t. water
Mix eggs, flour and water together.
Drop into soup. (you can use a colander or a slotted spoon to drop them in, I usually use a spoon)
This is a recipe from my Grandpa Theroff's family
Your soup looks so good....and brings back a lot of memories for me. My mother made her potato soup pretty much the same way and now my sister and I do too. She called her noodles, rivvels and made them a little defferently than yours but basically the same thing.Now I need to make some potato soup.
ReplyDeleteits probably a translation thing! lol We call our potato dumplings 'glace', not sure where the word came from, but no one else that I have talked to, calls them that...lol
ReplyDelete