Sunday, January 9, 2011

CHEESECAKE!!!!


This is my absolute favorite cheesecake recipe!!
You don't have to have special pans, or worry with making a crust and it is oh so delicious!!!
We usually top it with cherry pie filling, but you can eat it plain or choose another topping if you like! :)
The orriginal recipe came from Quick Cooking, but I have tweaked the recipe..

2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I have also used sour cream in place of yogurt)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup biscuit mix (I use Jiffy or Bisquick)

In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, yogurt, vanilla, lemon juice and biscuit mix; mix just until smooth. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. (I use a round baking dish) Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate until completely cooled. Garnish with fruit if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment