This was my first time making piccata and it won't be my last! :)
It was a big hit with my hubby...he went back for seconds and he hardly every does that, so I know it had to be good! lol
I had never had capers before and was kinda leary of using them as I had heard that they were kind of like an olive (which I don't care for), but I really like them in this recipe! So if you have never tried a caper.....go for it! You might be in for a delightful surprise! :)
I got this recipe off of the Low Carb chat on TOH, can't remember for sure who posted it?
4 chicken cutlets (cut for scallopini)
1/2 cup flour
2 T. olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine, chicken broth, or water
1 t. minced garlic
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 T. capers (rinsed & drained)
2 T. butter
fresh lemon slices
Season cutlets with salt & pepper, and dredge in flour. Tap off excess flour.
Coat a saute pan with non-stick cooking spray, add oil and heat over medium high.
Saute the cutlets 2-3 minutes on each side. (cook until done)
Transfer the chicken to a platter and pour off any excess oil.
De glaze the pan with the wine (or water or chicken broth), add minced garlic. Cook until the garlic is slightly brown. (about 2 minutes)
Add the 1/2 cup of chicken broth, lemon juice & capers.
Return the chicken to pan and cook on each side for a minute, remove chicken back to platter.
Finish sauce by adding butter and lemon slice to the pan. Once butter melts, pour sauce over the chicken.
This makes 2 servings; 561 calories per serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment