HDMac_WA posted this recipe on TOH, and I printed it off as soon as I read the recipe! I knew it would be a hit!!
Baked these this morning and was just perfect with a cup of coffee! :)
2 2/3 cup flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 t. salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter (room temp.)
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla
(topping)
2 T. sugar
2 t. cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
Beat together the butter and brown sugar for about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla and beat until smooth.
Stir in flour mixture until well blended.
Spread evenly in prepared pan. (mixture is thick)
Combine the sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle the sugar mixture over the batter.
Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool before cutting.
Makes 24 bars; 176 calories per bar.
These look awesome Jill!
ReplyDeleteJill I have been on your blog for over a hour checking out recipes and copying them. You need to write a cookbook and I would for sure purchase one. I am so hungry after looking at all your recipes. Kay
ReplyDeleteThese sound amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments!! :)
ReplyDeleteJust printed this one off. I'm sure we'll love them!!!
ReplyDelete