Monday, February 1, 2010

Berry Nectarine Buckle


This was a very good recipe! First time I have made it...will be making this one again too...

Topping
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons cold butter

Batter
6 tablespoons butter softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fat free milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 pound fresh nectarines, peeled, diced and patted dry. (I used 1 can peaches drained instead)
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blackberries (I used all blueberries)


Mix topping ingredients together until crumbly. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time beating well. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Set aside 3/4 cup batter. Fold in berries into remaining batter.
Spoon into a greased 9x13 pan. Arrange nectarines (or peaches) on top; drop remaining batter by teaspoons full over nectarines. Sprinkle the reserved topping on top.

Bake 350 for 35-40 minutes.
20 servings=1 piece 177 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment